Baking is a method of cooking food that uses prolonged dry heat, normally in an oven, but also in hot ashes, or on hot stones. The most common baked item is bread but many other types of foods are baked. Heat is gradually transferred “from the surface of cakes, cookies, and breads to their center.
When it comes to baking, everything matters. The type of bakeware, size of pan, measurement of ingredients, temperature, time, just about everything matters. Especially if you are just starting out, it would do you good if you follow instructions
Here are few tips you can consider to bake like a pro
- Read your recipe carefully before recipe.
- Never carry on another activity when your mixing your recipe.
- Use good tools and equipment
- Use correct pan size.
- Use correct oven temperature.
- Always preheat your oven at desire temperature before putting in oven.
- Grease your pan with butter or oil or use brown paper/butter paper.
- Use top quality ingredients and assemble the ingredients before starting.
- Weight your ingredient’s accurately with accurate measuring tool.
- Wash your egg with warm water.
- Ideal temperature for baking is 22 to 24.
- Always sift the dry ingredients before mixing.
- Bake a cake one day before because fresh cake is not easy to handle.
- Icing temperature is 16 in confectionary section.
- Check expiry date on the packets.
- Do not alter your recipe until you made it successfully at least once